Every client of Professional Maintenance Systems has the email and cell phone number of their District Manager as well as 24/7 access to our service department at (619) 276-1150. After normal working hours, the telephone calls are answered by our answering service. No matter what time you call you will be able to speak to a live human being.
Professional Maintenance Systems, Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide a safe and healthful workplace that is free from any recognized or known potential hazards. Additionally, Professional Maintenance Systems, Inc. subscribes to these principles:
- All injuries are preventable through implementation of effective Safety and Health policies and programs.
- Safety and Health controls are a major part of our work every day.
- Injury prevention is good business. It minimizes human suffering, promotes better working conditions for everyone, holds Professional Maintenance Systems, Inc. in higher regard with customers, and increases productivity.
- Management strives to provide a safe workplace for our Employees.
- Employees are responsible for following safe work practices and company rules, and for preventing incidents and injuries. Management will establish lines of communication to solicit and receive comments, information, suggestions and assistance from employees where safety and health are concerned.
- Management and supervisors of Professional Maintenance Systems, Inc. will set an exemplary example with good attitudes and strong commitment to safety and health in the workplace.
- Our safety program applies to all employees and persons affected or associated with our business. Everyone’s goal must be to constantly improve safety awareness and to prevent incidents and injuries. The safety program will be reviewed and revised as necessary every 24 months.
Professional Maintenance Systems strives to maintain low employee turnover. Many of our 900 employees have been with the company for more than 10 years. In addition to providing competitive wages, vacation, holiday and sick pay, as well as health insurance programs, PMS maintains a comprehensive Employee Appreciation Program. As part of this program we select an employee of the month who receives a cash bonus and company-wide recognition in our monthly newsletter (published in both English and Spanish).
Professional Maintenance Systems’ employees are screened and interviewed prior to being placed on our payroll. Work history, references and employment eligibility are verified and preference is shown to individuals with janitorial experience. Selected candidates participate in our comprehensive janitorial training program which covers everything from customer service to chemical handling. The employee next receives an in-depth, site-specific orientation at his assigned location. Professional Maintenance Systems is always looking for employees who exemplify our high standards for performance and demonstrate supervisory skills. Many of our crew leaders, supervisors, and managers have been promoted from within. If you are interested in working with us, please call write. Our Director of Human Resources, Maria, will be happy to help you find the right job.
- Specialization: PMS is the largest owner-operated janitorial company in San Diego. Southern California is our only market, and janitorial is our only business.
- Certification: Along with being a certified Woman’s Business Enterprise (WBE), PMS is CIMS-GB Certified with Honors. Visit the CIMS page on our website to learn more about this important designation.
- Soundness: Founded in 1982, PMS has grown every year, carries no debt, and continues to clean for the same companies that have been with us for nearly 35 years.
- Safety: With an exceptional Experience Modification Rating (EMR), Professional Maintenance Systems is the safest janitorial company in the state of California.
- Communication: We emphasize close personal communication with our clients and encourage our managers to take ownership of their facilities in order to ensure total client satisfaction. Our clients have 24/7 access to PMS management and our District Managers contact their clients if problems ever arise.
- Management: We have the highest ratio of district managers per account of any other major company in Southern California.
- Quality Assurance: To ensure that cleaning stays on track we use a system of quality assurance checks including: Day Porter and Task Schedules, regular and unscheduled 3rd party inspections, client-completed surveys and evaluations, and frequent contact with the client.